Saturday, February 21, 2015

Prints + Books + Gallery Opening

This project was more extensive than anything I've done before, and I think it turned out pretty alright. I have improved my photoshop knowledge from next to nothing to basically proficient, and I'm interested in playing around with it more. The book creation process was surprisingly simple; it's pretty amazing that that's all it takes now to create a book- a layout and some photos, pay 20 bucks, and get your own book in the mail.

I think the gallery opening went really well; I was glad to see so many people walking and talking about the art. I also appreciated that Noah's description was more about food than it was about art.


Ridley's off kilter frame also ended up reinforcing the "something is happening" theme. I think if we didn't have that one element of off-ness it would have seemed too perfect and "something is happening" wouldn't have as much of an impact on first sight. So thanks to whoever put only one nail in the wall for that frame I guess? 


Great show everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned Noah's artist statement, it had a lot of color and added to our hodge-podge of prints and books. I definitely agree with you about photoshop, and how simple it seems to print a book, a magazine, or a calendar. Life expanded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed Noah's statement. And I agree that Ridley's off-kilter frame definitely contributed to the "something happening" feel. It made the exhibition a bit more lively which just added to the fun of the opening exhibition.

    ReplyDelete